Careers with BFS
We’re passionate about Christian ministry.
For nearly 40 years, we’ve helped ministries get the funding and support they need to build and expand their ministry operations. We offer a range of savings and term investments to help pool funds to resource Christian ministry. Loans and other assistance are made to churches and Christian organisations to support their work and activities.
Are you an experienced and professional Loans/Lending Manager looking for a new challenge?
Do you enjoy finding solutions to large and complex loan requirements?
Would you like the opportunity to align your skills and experience with your Christian faith and be part of enabling Christian ministry to thrive?
We are providing the opportunity for a skilled and experienced Senior Loans Manager be part of our dynamic and growing for purpose organisation that exists to enable Christian Ministry to thrive!
Baptist Financial Services Australia Ltd (BFS) is an Australian Baptist Ministry providing financial services for Baptist and evangelical churches and ministries across Australia. The Company was established in 1984 and now has total assets exceeding $500 million. BFS operates a registered charitable investment scheme regulated with an AFS Licence to provide an opportunity for the raising of funds to resource Baptist and other Christian ministries. We offer a range of savings and term investments to help pool funds to resource Christian ministry. Loans and other assistance and services are provided to churches and Christian organisations to support their work and activities. Our loan portfolio is approximately $280M and growing.
- Ongoing development and review of loan policies, guidelines, and processes
- Managing the application process overall and dealing with larger and complex loans
- Reviewing and formalising loan submissions for approval
- Managing financing issues on development or construction projects
- Monitoring Higher risk loans and restructures
- Responsibility for management reports relating to the loan portfolio
- Preparation of reports for board
- Oversight of relevant loan training for Relationship Managers and other staff
- Ability to be strategic on issues relating to loans, loan products and loan business development opportunities
- Stakeholder engagement and management
Managing documentation strategies and legal documentation support
The successful candidate will:
- Have a personal, active, Christian faith
- Be supportive of BFS vision, mission, and values
- Have a minimum 6 years’ experience in the Banking and Finance industry as a credit assessor/Loans Processor or similar with strong credit skills
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Be mathematically competent with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time, organisation, and priority management skills
- Is self-motivated and proactive
- Have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Possess a desire to deliver above expectations focused on outcomes
- Is a strong critical thinker
To apply for the role or for further information including a position description please email HR at; email@example.com
Please include a covering letter with your application including details of your faith journey.